SEASON 28 ~ We are so excited to start class with you! Our first day of classes is Monday, September 12, 2022.
Students should bring a closed water bottle to class. Students are to put their initials INSIDE on the tag of their dance shoes and a name or tag on their dance bag. Proper shoes and attire are to be worn to class each week.
Students should line up outside of their designated studio entrance door and wait to be called into class. *Parents should be on time and waiting for their child outside the door.
Classes that meet in:
- STUDIO 1, 3 OR 4 – You will enter and exit the studio through the FRONT ENTRANCE.
- STUDIO 2 – You will enter and exit the studio through the BACK ENTRANCE.
Please note the lobby will remain closed and Nicole is only in the office for a short time on Mondays and Thursdays. If you need to purchase shoes and attire or would like any of our Expression of Dance merch, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we will set up an appointment with you.
If you have any questions about your account, please contact Nicole: firstname.lastname@example.org
PARKING LOT– Please drive slow and cautiously
- For the safety of all children, please find a parking space and walk your child to the door. Please do not pull up with your car and drop off or pick up outside of the studio entrance.
- Handicap Parking: You must have a handicap tag or license plate indicating you may park in the handicap spaces.
- Please do not park in any of the reserved spaces.
- We ask that you please refrain from playing near parked cars in the parking lot.
ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL
- Students should arrive 5 minutes prior to their class time to put their shoes on and be ready to go.
- Students are to wait in line at the door until the class is called in. *Parents with younger/pre-school age children, please stay by your car or in parking lot while class in is session.
- Studio 2 Classes must enter/exit through the back door.
- Parents should not leave their child unattended if there is a long break between their classes.
- Students are not permitted to walk to and from the front of the building to the back, and vice versa, if they have a break from one class to the next. Please pick your child up immediately after class.
- Students will be escorted to their classroom.
- Please be on time when picking up your child from class. Once classes are dismissed all students must be picked up. Please note, there is no supervision outside in the parking lot and children are not permitted to wait outside of the building unattended.
WAITING AREA (while we are dealing with the Covid-19 Pandemic, our waiting area is closed. Parents/Guardians should remain outside of the building)
- Parents please wait in the waiting area while classes are in session. We ask that you please refrain from peeking in the studio door windows, as this creates a distraction to the students.
- Please monitor any other children that are with you, and please keep the hallway leading to the classrooms clear.
- Nicole will only be in the office on Mondays & Thursdays with limited hours.
- An appointment can be made Monday-Thursday if shoes and attired are needed for purchase. Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
- If you have any questions about your account, please email Nicole and she will be happy to help you: email@example.com
- Office hours vary ~ so please leave a message on our answering machine and we will return your call ASAP. Mon-Thurs 4pm-7pm
FOOD & DRINK
Food and drink are permitted in the waiting area only, not in the classrooms or in the dressing room. Please help keep our waiting area clean by properly disposing of your food and drinks. *Students may bring a water bottle to class (water only, please).
- Both bathrooms are available for student use.
DRESSING ROOM (the dressing room is for quick changes)
The dressing room is for girls only. Boys are to change in the bathrooms. NO food or drink is permitted in the dressing room. Parents are to wait in the waiting area. Students should not touch others belongings. EOD is not responsible for lost or stolen items.