The Recital is a professionally directed performance that allows our EOD students to present to their families and friends the results of a year of hard work, dedication and progress. The recital is a celebration and a performance opportunity that each and every student looks forward to. A big part of the dance training process includes learning through performance. The experience helps build self- esteem and confidence in dancers. Participating in recitals and dress rehearsals also helps dancers develop retention skills, teamwork, and adaptability.
2022 MANDATORY IN-STUDIO DRESS REHEARSAL ~ May 9-12
2022 RECITAL ~ May 22 at Nazareth High School
A costume deposit of $55 is due by December 7, 2021 for each class your child is in. The balance of the costume is due by March 8, 2022. A 10% late fee will be applied if your payment is not received by the deadline.
Although May/June may seem a long way off, for dance teachers and costume companies it comes all too soon. Costume companies have a deadline on all orders to assure a timely delivery AND costumes are all made to order only. Therefore, costumes for our performance MUST be ordered in December to ensure a timely delivery. All students were measured for their costumes in class in November. We will be choosing costumes from the most reputable companies with the best merchandise, customer service and on time delivery. In addition, our staff has selected costumes that are age appropriate for all dancers in each class and fit with our choreography. Although we do add several inches to allow for growth, every costume company has a different set of sizing guidelines, so your child may, for example, measure in a medium child size costume for one company but a large child size for another.
Recital Costumes range between $70-$100 a piece. After the deposit is made and the costumes are ordered, an invoice will be emailed to you with the balance that is due (balance range between $15-$45). Please note that costumes companies DO NOT DO RETURNS, ONLY EXCHANGES IN SIZE. Therefore, once a costume is ordered, you are liable for the total cost (this includes if a student were to drop/leave a class).
Please note: Costume payments are non-refundable, even in the event that your child chooses not to participate in our performance after costume orders have been placed.
Any costume alterations that need to be done to the costume will be at your expense. All costumes must be altered to the description given by the teacher, and this is to be done prior to picture week and the recital show. A studio seamstress is always available for alterations.
2022 RECITAL NOTES & DEADLINES
RECITAL TICKET COST
- Tickets to the show are $16 per person, per show (ages 3+).
RECITAL ORDER FORMS
Order forms will need to be submitted through the Google Order Form links any time from now until the due date, unless noted otherwise. Please note, hard copies of the order forms will not be distributed, you will need to submit your order via the Google Form and your credit card on file will be charged.
Click here to place your order for Tights, Music, T-Shirt, 5, 10 or 15 year Dedication Award, Program Ad, Video, and Tickets.
- RECITAL TIGHT ORDER – Due by 2/28/22
- Click here for size charts.
- RECITAL MUSIC ORDER – Due by 2/28/22
- RECITAL T-SHIRT ORDER – Due by 3/17/22
- RECITAL TICKET ORDER – Due the week of April 11th-14th
- RECITAL EXTRA TICKET SALES – Extra tickets will go on sale beginning May 2nd.
- RECITAL DEDICATION AWARD – Due by 4/1/22
- RECITAL PROGRAM AD ORDER – Due by 4/14/22
- RECITAL VIDEO – Due by 5/22/22
- RECITAL BEAR – Available while supplies last.
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL PARTS TO YOUR COSTUME, THE CORRECT SHOES & SPECIFIC TIGHTS
- REVOLUTION TIGHTS ARE NEW AND CLEAN (NO UNDERWEAR, TIGHTS ACT AS UNDERWEAR UNDERNEATH COSTUME)
- CORRECT COLOR MAKE UP IS TO BE WORN (APPLY LOTS)
- HAIR ACCESSORIES, BOBBY PINS AND HAIRSPRAY – SLICK BACK – NO WISPIES!!
- →→ NO NAILPOLISH OR TOE POLISH
- →→ NO EARRINGS, ANY JEWELRY OR EXTRA PIERCINGS
- ATTACH ACCESSORIES OR IF NOT SURE, PLEASE BRING THEM IN A ZIPLOC BAG
- ALWAYS KEEP ACCESSORIES ATTACHED TO HANGER OF COSTUME WITH YOUR CHILD’S NAME ON IT
- TEACHERS WILL ASSIST THE STUDENTS IF ANY HELP IS NEEDED WITH THEIR COSTUME CHANGES
- DO NOT BRING EXTRA STUFF, ONLY WHAT IS NEEDED – STUDENTS WILL BE DISMISSED TO 1 PARENT IMMEDIATELY AFTER THEIR PART IS COMPLETE
- THERE IS NO VIDEO TAPING DURING ANY PART OF THE SHOW – A VIDEOGRAPHER HAS BEEN HIRED AND WE WANT YOU TO ENJOY EVERY SECOND OF THE STUDENTS PERFORMING ON STAGE…THIS IS THE MOMENT THEY HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!